Yoga is an ancient practice with origins stretching back thousands of years in India. It is designed to help achieve a more positive outlook on life and a focused, permanent sense of serenity and peace. The word ‘yoga’ itself means ‘union’ and ‘union with the divine’; however, many people have stripped away the spirituality and focus of yoga so that most think of it as a group of intensely athletic people putting their legs behind their heads and curling up into jaw-dropping positions.
- Yoga brings about a balance in your physical, mental and emotional health.
- Yoga keeps your body flexible and helps you lose weight.
- Yoga helps to detoxify the body, improves immunity and relieves stress in the mind.
- Yoga rejuvenates you, keeps you energetic and calm throughout the day.
- Yoga helps you to enjoy better relationships, increases your awareness and enhances your intuition.