Zucchini never tasted so good! This moist cake is sweet (but not too sweet) and is great for any chocolate lover. Don’t skimp on the crumb topping – it makes this cake!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plain or vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and quartered
- 21⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Add butter, yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and zucchini to Wild Side jar and secure lid. Select “Batters” cycle (if you don’t have a “Batters” cycle, blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed (speed 4) for 30 seconds).
- Add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 8-10 times until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased 9×13 non-stick pan.
- For crumb topping, add brown sugar and walnuts to clean Wild Side jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3-5 times until nuts are chopped to desired texture.
- Add brown sugar nut mix to chocolate chips and sprinkle evenly on top of cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until done. Allow to cool for at least one hour before cutting.
You can make this in the Four Side jar but it may take a little more blending. Dicing the zucchini into smaller pieces will help.