End your meal with these festive cups of chocolate comfort.
Method and Steps to prepare this delicious recipe
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Stir in the egg yolks..
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold half the cream into the chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining cream..
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into four 250 ml (1-cup) capacity serving cups. Cover and place in the fridge for 6 hours or until set..
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with candy canes.
- 1 x 200gm pkt milk chocolate with hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 55 gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Candy canes, to serve