Practise vajrasana for 10-15 minutes after meals to boost up your digestion
Vajrasana comes from two words i.e. Vajra which means diamond or thunderbolt and asan means seat. Vajrasana pose is also known as Diamond Pose, Pelvic Pose, Thunderbolt Pose, Kneeling Pose or Adamantine Pose. This is a pose which forms the base of many other asans.
Steps to do it:
- Fold your right leg at the knee and place the foot under the right buttock
- Fold your left leg at the knee and place the foot under the left buttock
- Sit on the pit formed by the parted heels, keeping your spine erect
- Place both the palms on the respective thighs Vajrasana is also beneficial in relieving back pain and it strengthens the pelvic muscles
Benefits of Vajrasana
- It helps in digestion.
- Sitting in this pose helps in reduction of the hips.
- It helps in getting rid of constipation.
- It helps to fight stomach disorder.
- A few minutes of Vajrasana and you can feel the mind calming. Thus helps you in relaxing.
- It helps in increasing the blood circulation in the body.
- Yoga always helps in weight loss. So does vajrasana!
- Vajrasana is the pose in which many asans are done. Some of them have been named in the beginning of this article.
- It helps in curing urinary problem.
- It helps in making the lower body flexible.
- It also helps in combating acidity.
- It helps in strengthening the sexual organs.
- It helps in toning of body muscles like the hips, thighs and the calf muscles.
- It helps in curing various body ailments like vericose veins and joint pains.
- This pose is a magic pose for people suffering from arthritis as it acts as a painkiller.